Search Training Courses
Manual Handling Operations Course (half day)
PRICE IS PER DELEGATE
This course is also available as a Private / In-house course on a date of your choosing. Please contact us on 01462 676444 for further details.
Who will benefit
All staff but particularly those who are involved in manual materials handling.
Course Duration Half Day
To provide a basic awareness of Health & Safety in general and to give course members an appreciation of good movement, to lift and handling loads in a safe and efficient manner, thereby reducing the risk of injury.
To train personnel in the skills and techniques of manual handling
- Employers’ duties.
- Employees’ duties
- Accident statistics
- Typical accidents in handling
- Cumulative strain.
- Mechanics of the spine
- Principles of good movement (Human Kinetics)
- Handling heavy and awkward objects.
- Overcoming handling problems.
- Guidelines for assessment
- Assessing the task
- Assessing the load
- Assessing the working environment
- Assessing individual capability
- Controlling hazards
- Reducing risk to lowest level so far as is reasonably practicable.
Lectures, power point, videos, discussions and exercises.
Maximum Number of Individuals
Twelve delegates per course.