1 Day Confined Space Entry Procedures Covering Escape Breathing Apparatus
Why is this course useful?
The course is designed for companies whose staff may be required to enter areas that are classified as confined spaces and which may pose a risk of serious injury or death. This course will cover the Confined Space Regulations 1997 in detail and the aim of this course will be to provide awareness of a safe working environment within a confined space. Delegates will be made aware of procedures to ensure a safe access and egress from a confirmed space and to have emergency procedures in place in the event of an emergency arising whilst operators are working in the confined space.
- Interpretation and recognition of confined spaces
- Applications and duties under the Regulations
- Risk assessment
- Preventing the need for entry
- Safe working in confined spaces
- Use of a permit to work
- Use of gas detection equipment
- Use of escape breathing apparatus sets
- Use of personal protection, tripod, winch, safety lines and harnesses
- Ventilation equipment
- Monthly maintenance checks, manning levels
- Methods of communications
- Personal hygiene
- Emergency and rescue procedures
- First aid
- Fire safety
- Courses are held at our training centre in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire
- Anticipated Delegate Profile
- Any persons that are expected to enter and work within a low – medium risk confined space.
- Stated Learning Objectives
- On completion of this course the individual will be able to enter and work safely within the confined spaces, using the necessary and appropriate equipment.
This course is also available as a Private / In-house course on a date of your choosing. Please contact us on 01462 676444 for further details.
PRICE IS PER DELEGATE
price excludes VAT
11th & 24th January
1st & 20th February
7th & 25th March
9th & 19th April
1st & 16th May
5th & 19th June
1st & 16th July